Special Anti-Crisis Financing (in the form of an Anti-Crisis Indirect Development Loan) is granted by the SNCI via intermediary Banks that have signed the Specific Conditions governing the Anti-Crisis Indirect Development Loan.
Granting of the SNCI loans in the framework of the Specific Conditions is limited to the financing decisions taken until 31.12.2021 (the application must be received before November 30, 2021).
Special Anti-Crisis Financing can be granted to soundly managed SMEs and large companies, which were not in financial difficulties before and which are encountering temporary financial difficulties as a result of exceptional financing needs caused by the crisis situation (Covid-19 pandemic).
The beneficiaries shall possess a valid business permit issued by the Ministry of the Economy (pursuant to the Law of 2 September 2011).
Exceptional financing needs caused by the Covid-19 pandemic crisis are eligible for this instrument. The intermediary Bank is responsible for the analysis necessary to determine and verify these exceptional financing needs, which will subsequently be subject of its application for the Special Anti-Crisis Financing addressed to the SNCI and which it wants to co-finance together with the SNCI.
The amount of the Special Anti-Crisis Financing can be between EUR 12,500 and EUR 10,000,000.
The SNCI’s share can attain 60% of the exceptional financing need, provided that the remaining 40% are covered by the intermediary Bank.
Maximum duration of the Special Anti-Crisis Financing granted by the SNCI, including a possible grace period, shall not exceed 5 years.
The grace period on the repayment of capital shall not exceed 2 years.
The term of each loan, including the grace period, shall be set for each loan application by mutual understanding between the intermediary Bank and the SNCI, on the basis of a proposition by the Bank depending on its analysis.
The applicable interest rate will be a priori a fixed rate which will be set and regularly reviewed by the SNCI.
Alternatively, by its own decision, the SNCI can align the applicable rate for the loan at the one used by the intermediary Bank for the financing of its part of the exceptional financing needs.
SNCI reserves the right to revise the interest rate on a yearly basis.
SNCI shall benefit from the same guarantees as those granted for coverage of the intermediary Bank‘s share of the total financing.
Loans are disbursed upon written request of the intermediary Bank.
Repayment is made in equally distributed quarterly installments. Early repayments are possible and incur no fees or penalties.
Alternatively, the loans which duration does not exceed 24 months can be repaid by a single capital repayment at the final maturity date.
Interest is payable quarterly.
Applications for Special Anti-Crisis Financing must be submitted to SNCI via one of the intermediary Banks that have signed the general terms and conditions of the Indirect Development Loan and the Specific Conditions governing the Special Anti-Crisis Financing.
Banque et Caisse d’Epargne de l’Etat
Banque BCP S.A.
Banque de Luxembourg S.A.
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg S.A.
Banque Raiffeisen S.C.
BGL BNP Paribas S.A.
ING Luxembourg S.A.
Société Générale Luxembourg S.A.